DescriptionNorth Tamborine is a town (and former suburb) on Tamborine Mountain in South East Queensland, Australia. Many early settlers grew maize and grazed dairy cattle. The first guesthouse on the mountain was open in 1889. A tourist road to the mountain was completed in 1924. The road brought visitors to the area and the North Tamborine village became the centre for social and business activities. North Tamborine Post Office opened by 1922. A section of Tamborine National Park known as The Knoll protects forests found in the north of the suburb. Formerly a suburb in its own right, in 1997, North Tamborine was merged with other former suburbs Eagle Heights and Mount Tamborine to create the larger locality of Tamborine Mountain.